Yo, check it out! There’s some big news coming out of South Korea. Krafton, the masterminds behind the insanely popular game PUBG, just dropped some major info about their new project. Brace yourselves, because it’s gonna blow your mind.
Get this: their upcoming game is called Overdare, and it’s gonna take the gaming world by storm. They’re going all-in on the NFT craze with this one. Overdare is gonna be a metaverse game that’s driven by NFTs. Yeah, you heard me right, NFTs. This game is gonna be next-level.
Krafton has been working hard on Overdare, and they’re gearing up for a soft launch in December. The full release is expected sometime between January and July 2024. So mark your calendars, because this is gonna be epic.
But what exactly is Overdare? Well, from what we’ve seen, it looks like a Roblox-like mobile game platform built with Epic Games’ Unreal Engine 5. And get this, it’s gonna have generative AI tools that’ll let gamers create their own shooter games, RPGs, and action RPGs. And that’s just the tip of the iceberg.
But it’s not just about the games, my friends. Overdare is gonna be a social game platform where you can create custom avatars and chat it up with other gamers. You’ll be able to build your own worlds and explore a vast open-world platform. There’s gonna be virtual concerts, customizable avatars, and a whole lot more.
This whole project started as a joint venture between Krafton and Naver Z, an AR tech firm. Krafton still holds the lion’s share at 85%, while Naver Z has the remaining 15%. They’re playing the long game with this one.
And here’s where it gets really interesting. Overdare is gonna have a “create-to-earn” game economy. That means you’ll be able to buy and sell in-game digital assets as NFTs. Krafton thinks NFTs are the way to go because they offer transparency and secure transactions. And let’s be real, who doesn’t want that?
To power this whole economy, Krafton and Naver Z have come up with their own blockchain called Settlus. And it’s not just any blockchain, my friends. It’s the future of the creator economy. Settlus is gonna make it rain, allowing gamers to earn funds in good ol’ US dollars, backed by Coinbase and Circle’s stablecoin, USDC. They’re not messing around.
But hold up, there’s still some unanswered questions. Like, will Settlus have its own token? Who knows? Maybe we’ll find out in the future. All we know is that Krafton and Naver Z are keeping their cards close to their chest.
Stablecoins like USDC are the chosen ones in the crypto world. They’re less volatile than cryptocurrencies like Bitcoin and Ethereum, so they’re a safe bet. It’s all about stability, baby.
So there you have it, all the deets on Krafton’s groundbreaking project, Overdare. This game is gonna change the game, if you know what I mean. Get ready to immerse yourself in a whole new gaming experience, because Krafton is about to drop the bomb. Stay tuned for more updates, my friends. This is gonna be wild.